Every month Gulf Insider publish 4 pages that reveal brilliant secrets for winning in business and life. The techniques are provided by top international experts and we will often summarize an entire book into a single page so you can learn the essence of their wisdom in minutes instead of hours.
This month we reveal how to make yourself work harder, 5 brilliant interview questions, 5 traits all successful people share, the 2 things you must control to succeed, 10 tips to double your productivity (in 14 days), and how NOT to be manipulated!
Take the time to learn what we reveal each month and you will be rewarded a thousand times over!
Even people who love their jobs often have trouble pushing themselves to work at their highest capabilities. Here’s a few proven techniques to get the very best out of yourself:
1.Convince yourself you want to do it – One of the easiest things you can do to motivate yourself is to think of the work you’re about to do as not being so hard, after all, and picture how good you will feel once your work is done. Make hard look easy.
2. Take control – While it’s easy to be overwhelmed by various personal and professional responsibilities, you can help yourself stay focused by keeping in mind that, at the very least, you are in control of your own actions, so make sure to own every moment.
3. Surround yourself with other people who are working hard – In order to pursue your goals with everything you have, it’s helpful to be around other people who are working just as hard. Whether it’s coworkers who inspire you on the job or a group of like-minded friends you meet up with afterwards, it’s important to have peers who push you to succeed.
4. Break up your tasks into smaller tasks – Break your hard work into component parts; it makes it easier to see where the obstacles are so you can be prepared to overcome them – and pat yourself on the back when you complete them. Small wins can appear incremental and trivial, but they boost inner work life tremendously and can accumulate into big breakthroughs.
5. Stay focused – It’s difficult to motivate yourself to keep working if you’re not able to concentrate on the task at hand. Limit your exposure to outside distractions by letting people know you won’t always be available to immediately respond to texts, emails etc. Make it clear to people when you will be available for ad hoc requests and when you aren’t.
6. Remember “why”– Nothing is more motivating than reminding yourself why you’re doing the work in the first place. It’s crucial that you remain in touch with what inspires you. You hear a lot in business about connecting to a ‘vision’ — the ‘why’ of that company. The vision is how the company wants to be positioned. You can set the same standard for yourself.
7. Stay positive – Do what you need to do accomplish your goals, regardless of what others might say about you. Don’t see the success of other people and get down on yourself. Focus on your strengths, rather than dwelling on your weaknesses. Building self-esteem is about finding out what your strengths are and then developing and building