Prince Abdulaziz Al Saud, the nephew of Saudi Arabia’s King Salman, lost teeth and suffered bruising to his face in the incident on July 1 2013.
Southwark Crown Court heard that he was set upon by a group of eight men including 31-year-old Saad Alfoudari, the son of a millionaire. Prince Al Saud had left Cirque Le Soir in Soho with two women when the group of men were kicked out of the club. The trio were heading to a waiting car when Alfoudari and Souan Alenezi set upon the prince, kicking him to the ground, the court was told.
Police were called and officers spotted Alfoudari and Alenezi jogging away from the scene before trying to swap their bloodstained clothes with three other men nearby. Alfoudari told police they had been the victims of an attack but was arrested after CCTV footage was reviewed.
He initially claimed to have no recollection of the night when questioned the following day but admitted affray. Mr Agbamu told the court the case had taken so long to come to court after the suspects ‘fled the jurisdiction in breach of police bail, this defendant included’. But he was arrested at Heathrow Airport last September on his way into the country.
William Clegg QC, defending, said Alfoudari was a ‘family man’ married with two children with a £50,000 per year tax-free job working for the Prime Minister of Kuwait. He said CCTV footage never showed his client striking the Prince, while the blood on his shirt was his own stemming from a cut sustained inside the club. Judge Jeffery Pegden QC said there was ‘absolutely no point’ imposing a suspended custodial sentence as Alfoudari had spent time in custody before his father paid £1 million to secure his bail. The judge added: ‘You gave pursuit to the prince, if I may call him such, down the road and were a party to – and I use my words carefully – a party to the violence that was then inflicted upon him.
Source Credit: Metro