Bahrain: BD202 million worth of products of national origins exported in July

- Advertisement -

Bahrain’s value of imports decreased by 23%, reaching BD378 million during July compared with BD493 million for the same month last year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 62% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 38%, the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) said in its foreign trade report of July 2020 encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin) and re-exports.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD53 million, Saudi Arabia was second with BD27 million and the Australia was third with BD23 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD27 million, while aluminum oxide was second with BD21 million and heat exchange units third with BD10 million.

READ  Bahrain: Non-Oil Imports Crossed BD 493 Million In July

The value of exports of national origin decreased by 12% to BD202 million during July 2020, compared with BD230 million for the same month of the previous year.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 74% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 26%.

Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during July with BD41 million, unwrought aluminum alloys was second with a value of BD32 million and agglomerated iron ores and concentrates third with BD19 million.

READ  Bahrain Exports Rises To BD187 Million In August

The total value of re-exports decreased by 46% to reach BD41 million during July, compared with BD76 million for the same month of the previous year.

Parts for aero planes the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD3.1 million, four-wheel drive cars came in second place with BD3 million, and cigarettes containing tobacco came third with BD2.6 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD135 million during July versus BD188 million for the same month last year with a decrease of 28%.

Comments

- Advertisement -