Bahrain: Expat Suffocates to Death in Fire

The decedent's residence. Pictures by Ayman Yacoub
- Advertisement -

An expat died in a huge fire in his residence in Makharga neighbourhood in Central Manama.

Preliminary information indicates that the decedent suffocated while the civil defence managed to save two of his residence-mates by evacuation.

The General Directorate of Civil Defense said that the fire, that took hours to be controlled, was caused by a short circuit while all were asleep. The directorate added that the rescued sustained minor injuries while its rescue team evacuated residents as a precautionary procedure if the fire reached neighbours.

READ  Bahrain: Deaths on the Rise, 5 in a week, 18 in a month

The ministry urged all residents to take maximum precautions in general and those regarding electricity connections in particular, to avoid dangerous incidents that might put souls in danger.

Comments

- Advertisement -