An expat is in critical condition while four workers survived a huge fire that broke out in a restaurant in Salmaniya area. The incident was announced by the Ministry of Interior through its official social media accounts.
The General Directorate of Civil Defense told that it took hours for the fire to be controlled which was caused by gas leakage that resulted in a reactionary explosion in the restaurant.
The directorate added that the rescued workers sustained minor injuries while one of them was in critical condition, They noted that all were transferred to the hospital. The directorate noted that its rescue team evacuated the area as a precautionary procedure.
The Ministry of the Interior stated that the necessary official procedures were taken by concerned authorities. The ministry urged all residents to take maximum precautions in general and those regarding electricity connections and gas in particular, to avoid dangerous incidents that might put souls in danger.