Three women of a family died of asphyxiation while two others were admitted to Salmaniya Medical Complex after inhaling gas from a leaking LPG cylinder in Sitra. The women aged between 30 and 48 were busy preparing their Eid lunch when the tragedy struck.
The Ministry of Interior confirmed the incident in their official social media page and informed that necessary legal procedures were taken.
One of the women’s son witnessed them fighting for their lives in the airtight kitchen with a strong smell of LPG gas engulfing the room. They were declared dead when rushed to the nearby clinic.