The guidelines for those self-isolating was reiterated by Col. Manaf Al Qahtani, member of the National Taskforce for Combating the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The protective steps individuals are encouraged to take if they test positive or are quarantining at home are as follows:
- Self-isolate in a separate room and use a separate bathroom and refrain from contact with others
- In the event that it is absolutely necessary to be in contact with others, wear a facemask and gloves and maintain as much distance as possible between you and other people at home
- Do not share personal household items including plates, cups, towels, or bedding with other people, and regularly sanitize door handles and surfaces
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues and ensure that the used tissues are disposed of in a closed, touchless trash can
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or sanitize them with an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Designate a specific trash bin for your waste and ensure the use of double-layered bags to prevent any leakages
Dr Al Qahtani pointed out that those who have tested positive will be contacted within 48-hours of testing by the Ministry of Health, adding that those who are not contacted should follow up by calling 444.
Additionally, Dr Al Qahtani reiterated that those who experience severe symptoms, such as difficulty in breathing, should immediately contact 444 and seek medical care.