The Health Minister Faeqa Al Saleh, Industry, Commerce and Tourism Minister Zayed Al-Zayani, Public Security Cheif Tariq Al Hassan, COVID-19 Control & Monitoring Committee Head Leiutannat Colonel Dr Manaf Al Qahtani and COVID-19 Task Force Head Dr Jameela Salman called a press conference today.
These are the highlights:
- Health Minister urged the public to commit to staying indoors and only leave the house for necessities.
- All commercial shops except hypermarkets, cold stores, bakeries, pharmacies and banks will be closed from 26 March to 9 April.
- Public gatherings of more than 5 people are banned. Measures will be taken against violators, gatherings at public places should stop.
- The exhibition centre in Sanabis has been turned into a massive inspection facility. Anyone who wishes to, may contact 444 and then visit the facility to get tested. Section A is for individuals with no symptoms, Section B is dedicated to those with symptoms and Section C is for those who have returned from abroad and will be transported from the airport. Section D is a dedicated isolation facility.
- The private sector has been strongly urged to implement a remote working policy