The Embassy of India, in Bahrain, has made an announcement on the online passport services for Indian expats in Bahrain.
As part of the worldwide implementation of Passport Seva Project, the Global Passport Seva Program has been rolled out in Bahrain. Members of the Indian Community in Bahrain are advised to use the new portal for availing Passport Services.
Initiated by the Ministry of External Affairs at all Indian Embassies and Consulates around the world, the programme is in accordance with the Government of India’s digitalisation policy, according to the Embassy.
The new digital service will make the application process more proficient, and provide to applicants end-to-end status tracking and enhance security. The new process will also reduce the time it takes to obtain an Indian passport.
- Applicants are required to do online registration at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in (Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates) and create a User ID.
- Log in using the newly created User ID and fill in the user-friendly application form online at the same portal.
- After submitting the form online, take a print out of the application.
- Affix photo at the designated place. Signatures are required in the designated place in the presence of the submission officer at the IVS centre.
- All required documents should also be submitted along with the print out of the application form and prescribed fee at the IVS Centre