Bahrain approved the following measures, effective from 20 August 2020:
• Compulsory COVID-19 PCR testing for all passengers arriving into Bahrain International Airport will remain intact
• All incoming travellers are required to pay the cost of two COVID-19 tests, an arrival test, and a test to be conducted after their stay in Bahrain for 10 days, at a total of BHD 60.
• All incoming passengers are required to download and activate the ‘BeAware Bahrain’ application
• The compulsory 10-day quarantine will be lifted for all incoming passengers who test negative, following their test upon arrival in Bahrain and being informed of the result
• All incoming passengers must sign a declaration stating that they will follow the Ministry of Health’s self-isolating regulations until their COVID-19 test carried out upon arrival in Bahrain is confirmed negative
• Citizens and residents, as well as travellers staying for a duration longer than 10 days, must test again on the 10th day of their arrival
• Travellers who test positive upon arrival will be contacted on the information provided to health authorities as they were tested
• These decisions will be reviewed and amended as required to safeguard the health and well-being of all citizens and residents.