Bahrain: List of Essential Businesses Staying Open Tomorrow
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism issued a notice clarifying what is deemed non-essential and essential.
All retail and industrial enterprises will close temporarily, from 1900 on Thursday 26 March 2020 until 1900 on Thursday 9 April 2020. All retail and industrial enterprises will be open again from 09 April to 23 April.
The following types of business are excluded from these measures, and may continue to operate as usual:
1. Hypermarkets, supermarkets, cold stores, grocery stores, butcher shops and fish shops
3. Natural gas fueling stations and liquid fueling stations
4. Hospitals, medical centres, pharmacies and optical centres
5. Banks and currency exchange bureaus
6. Corporate administration offices of companies and organizations that conduct activities without direct engagement with customers
7. Businesses that import, export and distribute goods
8. Automotive garages and repair shops
9. Businesses operating in the construction and maintenance industry
The Ministry noted the importance of adherence to the regulations and procedures issued by the Ministry of Health aimed at containing and preventing the spread of COVID-19, and in particular measures of social distancing.
Retail and industrial enterprises are allowed to engage in the sale of goods and services and their delivery by electronic means and social media platforms. Restaurants and food and beverage outlets are also permitted to operate through take away services and home delivery services.