A mother and her child were saved after being besieged by a fire that broke out in their apartment.
Preliminary information indicates that there were no injuries recorded in the incident, that occurred in a residential building in Ma’ameer, and the saved ones who were a were 23-year-old mother and her 3-year-old child were transferred to the nearest hospital for treatment.
Not much of information was revealed by the General Directorate of Civil Defense officially, but the directorate revealed to Albilad that its rescue team evacuated the building as a precautionary procedure after the mother and the child were rescued. The directorate stated that it sent three vehicles and around 12 firemen to control the fire. It added that the rescued ones received first aids at the site before being transferred to the hospital.
As for the cause of the fire, there were no official confirmations. The cause is thought to be due by thermal pressure of one of the lamps.
The Ministry of the Interior assured that everything was under control and the necessary official procedures were taken by concerned authorities. The ministry urged all residents to take maximum precautions in general and those regarding electricity connections in particular, to avoid dangerous incidents that might put souls in danger.