BFC Payments, on Wednesday, launched an advanced multi-currency Visa card – the BFC PAY TRAVEL BUDDY that offers international travellers the convenience of digital payments. The card features fast top-ups anywhere, instant currency conversion, worldwide shopping and dining in multiple currencies at any of Visa’s 80-plus million merchant partners worldwide, and provides cardholders access to Visa Platinum loyalty programs.
The Fintech arm of BFC Group Holdings is addressing the increasing trend in business and leisure travel and the apparent demand for a safe and seamless digital payment instrument for travellers. A significant advantage of the BFC Pay Travel Buddy card is the ability to instantly load BHD and transfer to five different currencies in the wallet at affordable exchange rates. The exchange rate lock feature allows the forex (FX) rate to be secured when converting the currency. The BFC Pay Travel Buddy Card promises to be economical for international travel as opposed to higher forex markups charged by other payment solutions.
“For Travel Buddy, we wanted to offer our customers a superior digital experience. Everything is done instantly through the BFC Pay mobile app, whether applying for the card, loading the money or buying FX. We want customers to travel cash-free and give them the most cost-effective solution on all their international spending, be it booking tickets online or shopping while you travel,” said Davis Parakal, General Manager of BFC Payments.
“With over 100 years in the forex business, we have created an end-to-end Digital Solution to cater to our customers’ travel needs. As one of the leading digital fintech players in Bahrain, BFC Payment’s primary focus is to ease and enhance our customer’s experience. BFC Pay Travel Buddy is a testament to our commitment to that digital transformation. I am excited to welcome new and existing customers to experience “The Travel Buddy Card”, said Ebrahim Nonoo, MD & CEO of BFC Group Holdings.
Significant features of the card:
· One card | Six currencies: Fixed rates for USD, GBP, EUR, SAR, AED and BHD
currency wallets with more currencies being added soon, according to BFC Pay.
· Protects from foreign exchange volatility: Foreign currency balance is safeguarded against currency fluctuations.
· Access to Visa Platinum offers: Visa Platinum offers and loyalty programs are made accessible for Travel Buddy cardholders.
· No hidden fees: Zero loading fees or FX buy charges on the card.
· Fully digital: Complete control, from card application to managing the card, through the BFC Pay App.
· Easy top-up: Card can be seamlessly loaded with any debit card or through the BenefitPay App.
BFC Payments BSC (C) is licensed by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) as an Ancillary Service Provider and a leading player in mobile and salary wallets, prepaid cards, and local and cross-border payments.