Kuwait records 5 more deaths, 364 new cases

- Advertisement -

Kuwait on Sunday recorded five more fatalities from the COVID-19, raising to 38 the total such deaths in the country, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA said.

The five were two residents from India, one each from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Jordan, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said.

The ministry also reported 364 new coronavirus cases, bringing to 4,983 the country’s infection tally.

The newly diagnosed cases include 348 who were in touch with previously infected people and 14 others all linked to travel to the UK, the official said.

READ  Kuwait: PCR Test validity extended to 96 hours for arriving travelers

Two other cases are being investigated for sources of infection, Dr. Al Sanad added.

Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah earlier said that 73 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total recoveries in the country to 1,776.

Comments

- Advertisement -