Kuwait has confirmed 491 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, an increase of 63 cases against the tally of the previous day, taking the country’s total infections to 67,448, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Saturday.
The latest cases are 358 Kuwaitis and 133 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
Six new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, taking Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 453.
There are 134 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added in a media update.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 507,520 so far after 2,432 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 593 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 58,525 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.