A minor fire at Dubai’s Torch Tower forced all occupants of the building to evacuate on Saturday evening for the third time.
It is understood a minor fire was reported in the sauna of the gym on the fifth floor of the building, forcing all occupants to be cleared from the building.
Residents took to social media to praise the quick actions of the building managers who worked with Dubai Civil Defence to stop the fire from spreading and limit disruption.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly afterwards in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A tossed cigarette butt was blamed on the previous serious fire at the building in August 2017. That blaze damaged 38 floors across 64 floors, forcing many of the 475 residents to seek alternative accommodation.
In February 2015, the same building had also been hit by a serious fire that started on the 51st floor.
The most recent fires spread quickly due to strong winds, prompting a safety review into the cladding used on many residential towers across the country.
Source Credit: The National