Business activities will reopen from 6 am to 11 pm as of Wednesday, May 27, across the emirate, it was announced on Monday.
These are reopening:
– Retail stores and wholesale outlets
– Dubai airport will be open for people who want to enter the UAE and for transit
– Clinics including ENT to be available
– Expansion of services to include surgeries that take less than two-and-a-half hours
– Training institutes and training and treatment centers for children
– Sport academies, indoor sport arenas and gyms
– Cinemas, while following social distancing and disinfection rules
– Recreational venues such as Dubai Ice Rink and Dubai Dolphinarium
– Auctions held online
Gyms will open at 50 per cent capacity. Trainers, gym-goers, staff will be checked for their temperature.
The new measures are aimed at adapting to the COVID-19 situation without disrupting activity in vital sectors while strictly observing precautionary measures including wearing of face masks, observing minimum physical distancing of two metres, use of sanitisers and regular handwashing with soap and water for 20 seconds.
General rules still prevalent:
- Social distancing: Keep a two-meter distance from others.
- All passengers arriving in the country should spend 14 days in quarantine.
- Wear masks all the time.
- Children under 12 and people above 60 and people with chronic diseases are not allowed to enter shopping centers, cinemas, gyms and educational centers for children.