The Saudi National Day is celebrated on September 23 every year to commemorate the establishment of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Here are some facts about the country:
- • Saudi Arabia has 83,000 square miles in area, which makes it the 13th largest country in the world.
2. • One of the ancient cities ‘Mada’in Saleh’ is located in Saudi Arabia. It has been designated as world heritage site by the UN.
3. • Rub-Al Khali is the largest continuous sand desert in the world covering some 650,000 square kilometers and parts of Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE and Yemen.
4. • It is the largest country in the world without a river.
5. • Saudi Arabia will have the World’s Tallest Building in 2018 called the Kingdom Tower, which is 3,280 ft.
Source Credit: Al Arabiya English
Read full story: http://bit.ly/2fJXZGW