Has an iPhone 7 spontaneously EXPLODED?

- Advertisement -

An iPhone 7 ‘exploded’ with a loud bang after it was left to charge on a bedside table, it has been claimed.

The four-month-old device was blown in half and blackened by the alleged explosion.

But it is unclear whether the explosion was caused by the device, the phone charger or a problem with the power supply.

Phone owner Yin, from from Suqian City in East China’s Jiangsu Province, said: ‘My phone ran out of battery, so I left it to charge on my bedside table.

‘I went out for a walk and heard the explosion when I came home.

‘Then I realised it was my phone.’

Yin took her Matte Black iPhone 7, which she bought for $781, to an official Apple repair shop.

Repairers said it was likely that the lithium-ion polymer battery inside her phone exploded and caused the device to rip apart.

No one was injured by the incident.

In February, a video emerged on Twitter of an iPhone 7 appearing to melt and smoke in its case.

The footage has raised concerns that Apple could be facing the same issues as Samsung, whose Galaxy Note 7 devices were recalled after several were reported to explode.


- Advertisement -