Kuwait reported on Friday 134 new cases of the novel coronavirus and two more deaths.
The latest cases bring to 1,685 the country’s infection tally and rise to five the overall virus-caused deaths, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said. The two fatalities were a Kuwaiti citizen and an Iranian resident, the official added in a media briefing.
The latest cases include 126 patients who were in touch with previously infected people and three others who recently returned from trips abroad. Five other cases are being investigated, the official added.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah earlier said that 33 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, raising to 258 the overall recoveries in the country.