FeaturedKuwait

Kuwait launches vaccination campaign against COVID-19

- Advertisement -

Kuwait launched on Thursday the national vaccination campaign against coroanvirus.

Speaking at the vaccination center at the Kuwait International Fairground, Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad, who was the first to receive the jab, said the vaccine was “safe to use” and it was approved by several international bodies, the Kuwait News Agency reported.

Kuwait received the first 150,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday.

The Kuwaiti premier also said that the vaccination campaign would continue for several months in the country.

READ  Kuwait: First group of domestic workers leave institutional quarantine

He added that the vaccine had been administrated to around 2.1 million people worldwide as a measure to curb the spread of the notorious virus.

Advertisement

Sheikh Sabah thanked specialized committees at the Cabinet and the health ministry for their tremendous efforts in the last six months covering all aspects of the campaign.

He urged all — citizens and residents — to continue social distancing measures, wearing masks and washing hands to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

READ  Kuwait registers 567 coronavirus cases; Tally at 107,592

Prior to his vaccination, the Kuwaiti prime minister was briefed about the campaign’s measures to safeguard the health of medical staff and citizens during the process.

Advertisement

The premier was accompanied by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Anas Al-Saleh and Minister of Health Dr. Basel Al-Sabah.

A day earlier, the health minister said the elderly and first-line workers will be given the jab priority in the vaccination campaign.

Advertisement

Comments

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

Back to top button