Kuwait records 2 new deaths, 213 infection cases

- Advertisement -

Kuwait Monday announced two more fatalities from the COVID-19, raising to 22 the total such deaths in the country, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.

The ministry also confirmed 213 new coronavirus cases, raising to 3,288 the country’s infection tally, the ministry spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.

The newly diagnosed cases include 177 in touch with previously infected people and 31 others linked to travel to abroad, the official said. The latest fatalities were a 53-year-old Kuwaiti citizen and an Indian resident aged 54 years, the Health Ministry said.

READ  Coronavirus: UAE Launches New Self-Quarantine App

The five others are being investigated for the source of contagion, Dr Al Sanad added in a media update.

Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah, meanwhile, said that 206 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total recoveries in the country to 1,012.

The recovered patients will be transferred to the rehabilitation ward of a hospital designating for receiving those infected with the virus, he told KUNA. They will be discharged from the facility in the next two days, according to the minister.

READ  Bahrain: Business Performance to Recover in 2nd Quarter of 2020
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of