Kuwait has confirmed 619 new cases of the nove coronavirus over the past 24 hours, a decrease of 101 cases compared to the tally reported the day before, taking the country’s overall infections to 89,582.
Four more deaths from COVID-19 have been registered, raising Kuwait’s fatality tally due to the disease to 544, Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said Sunday.
There are 94 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad added, according to the Kuwaiti news agency.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 643,724 after 3,093 tests have been done over the past 24 hours.
The Health Ministry also said that 618 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing to 80,521 the overall number of recoveries from the ailment in Kuwait.
Last week, Kuwait lifted a curfew imposed for over five months to limit the spread of COVID-19.