Kuwait’s Ministry of Health announced on Monday, 567 new infections of COVID-19, raising the total to 107,592.
Deaths reached 628 with the addition of four fatalities, the official spokesperson of the Ministry of Health Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said, adding that there were 129 patients receiving treatment at intensive care wards. Those still receiving treatment amounted to 7,415.
The health authorities conducted 3,210 swab tests in the past 24 hours, raising the entire count to 761,025, Al Sanad noted.
Earlier in the day, the ministry said that 509 people recovered from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 99,549.
Al Sanad stated that the intensive care and special wards for COVID-19 patients are witnessing an increase of about 8 per cent compared to last month, while there has been an increase of patients occupying special intensive care beds to around 11 per cent, in all public and field hospitals of the Ministry of Health.