The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced, Saturday, that 161 people were infected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 1,154.
Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said to KUNA that 27 patients were in intensive care.
Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 1,020 patients, said the spokesperson, adding that 1,445 individuals have completed quarantine. One death has been reported so far.
Regarding those infected, Dr. Al-Sanad said that the travel-related cases numbered 31, which were submitted as part of the recent evacuation flights and were under institutional quarantine.
The 17 cases related to Kuwaiti citizens arrived from the UK, nine cases to Kuwaiti citizens came from Germany, three to citizens came from the US, and one case related to illegal resident arrived from the UK and one for an Indian resident arrived from Egypt.
Al-Sanad added that 127 cases related to people who were in contact with infected patients, 4 Kuwaiti citizens, 101 Indian residents, 15 Bengali, one Saudi, one Pilipino, one Jordanian, one Pakistani.As for cases of epidemical investigation, the Health Ministry spokesman indicated that the tally reached six patients including one Kuwaiti, two Indians, one Bulgarian and one Egyptian and one Pilipino.
Earlier today, the ministry announced the recovery of 10 new patients, bringing the total to 133 recoveries.