Kuwait has confirmed 562 new cases of the novel coronavirus, taking the country’s infection tally to 29,921, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA said Thursday.
The Health Ministry also announced 6 more deaths from COVID-19, raising the total such fatalities in the country to 236.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a daily update.
There are 184 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added.
Dr Al Sanad said that 1,473 more patients have recovered from the disease over the past 24 hours, bringing to 17,223 the total of such recoveries in the country.