Kuwait has confirmed 620 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, a drop of 31 cases against the tally of the previous day, taking the country’s overall infections to 70,045, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Thursday.
The latest cases are 423 Kuwaitis and 197 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
The official announced one new death from COVID-19, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 469.
There are 127 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad added.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 522,200 far after 3,599 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 704 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 61,610 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.