Kuwait has recorded 909 further cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, raising the country’s infection tally to 42,788, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Thursday.
The Health Ministry also reported two deaths from COVID-19, bringing the total such fatalities in Kuwait to 339.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
The new infections include 479 Kuwaitis or 52.7 per cent and 430 foreigners or 47.3 per cent, Al Sanad said.
A hundred and six more people have completed mandatory institutional quarantine and will have to spend 14 additional days in home isolation.
Kuwait has done 3,286 swabs over the past 24 hours, bringing to 368,510 the country’s total virus tests so far, according to Dr Al Sanad.
The Health Ministry announced that 558 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait to 33,367.