Kuwaiti Ministry of Health today announced 955 additional infections with the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), taking the total count up to 19,564.
The ministry also reported nine more deaths due to the virus, bringing the country’s death toll to 138 so far, Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) reported.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
There are 180 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added.
The Health Ministry also said that 310 more patients have recovered from the disease, taking to 5,515 the total of such recoveries in the country, KUNA reported.
In recent weeks, Kuwait has seen an increase in COVID-19 cases, prompting the government to impose around-the-clock nationwide curfew currently in force until May 30.