Oman is planning to reserve a number of professions in the private sector, including finance and accounting professions for Omani nationals only.
- Financial and administrative professions in insurance companies and companies operating in insurance brokerage activities.
- The professions of selling, accounting, money exchange, administration and arranging goods in the shops operating in malls.
- Account auditing professions in car agencies.
- All professions selling new and used vehicles.
- All accounting professions in the activities of selling new and used vehicles in car agencies.
- The activity of selling spare parts for new vehicles affiliated with cars agencies.
Non-Omani workforce licenses and work practice licenses issued for the certain professions and activities shall be valid until their expiry date.
The ministry added: “The decision shall take effect 6 months after the date of publication of the decision on January 20, 2021.”