Muscat Municipality has issued a statement on Gym health and safety. Muscat Municipality affirms compliance with the preventive requirements and procedures for men and women fitness halls.
“Preventive measures and requirements include:
- Managing Attendance (capacity will not exceed 50 per cent)
- Spreading out fitness equipment (2 metres social distance)
- Routinely clean and disinfect all areas, shared electronic equipment, machinery and tools (70 percent alcohol-based disinfectant)
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, locker, changing rooms, etc.
- Identify the waiting queue (before and after each use of each equipment, considering the physical distance for equipment layout and activities)
- Prevent any use of Gym whirlpools, swimming pool, saunas, etc.
Customers should exercise the following precautions:
- Wear face covering before entering facility and during exercise, put it around your neck while running or doing aerobics sports only, to allow for conformable breathing.
- Bring your own towel and wipe away any sweat before it falls on surfaces.
- Wear and disinfect special sports gloves before and after using equipment.
- Stay 2 metres apart from each other and avoid unnecessary talk.
- Avoid high exertion sports as much as possible.
- Bring your own water bottle
- Restrict moving between equipment or facilities inside.