Beginning today, the Sultan’s Armed Forces and the Royal Oman Police will activate checkpoints for the movements of citizens and residents between the entries and exits of all the governorates.
During this time, all citizens and residents must carry with them their civil and work cards.
“This is in accordance with the decision of the supreme committee in charge of dealing with the developments resulting from the spread of the coronavirus Covid19,” the online statement added.
Those exempt from the decision are:
1. Employees in the public and the private sector whose nature of work requires them to attend in order for it to be completed, all of which will be determined by the heads of departments.
2. Ambulance and emergency vehicles.
3. Military and security vehicles.
4. Vehicles that transport foodstuff and basic necessities for citizens and residents.
5. Vehicles that transport construction and commercial materials and oil derivatives and the likes of materials that serve the two sectors.
6. Exceptional cases of citizens and residents according to the assessments of the security points between the governorates.
It has also been decided to close some parts of Muscat as a precaution. Citizens and residents have been asked to stay in their homes and cooperate with the responsible authorities until the completion of procedures.