Qatar Confirms First Case of Coronavirus
Qatar has confirmed its first case of coronavirus, state media reported Saturday after a 36-year-old Qatari woman who was evacuated to Doha from Iran tested positive.
Qatar on Thursday repatriated a number of its citizens from Iran – which is battling the worst outbreak outside China – and confined them to a 14-day period of quarantine, the government said.
The health ministry said the infected patient had been admitted to the hospital.
“This had been expected because of the virus’s spread across the region and other countries, alongside the exponential increase in the number of cases,” the health ministry said according to the Qatar News Agency.