Careem Provides Safety Measures for the Customers.
Before Your Ride
• All of our Captains go through a rigorous screening process and background check.
• Before the Captain arrives, the details which include Captains photo, name, rating, vehicle type and plate number are sent to the customers.
• Captains attend mandatory training sessions to provide them with instructions and guidance on smooth driving as well as following standard safety and security protocols in the unlikely event of an incident.
• Captains vehicles are assessed and the insurance is confirmed prior to their onboarding.
• Customers have the option to mask their telephone numbers from Captains to ensure their privacy. They can communicate anonymously with the Captain to direct them to the location of pick up.
During Your Ride
• The telematics technology (which monitors driver behavior) is under development. Telematics can detect and evaluate our Captains driving skills in real-time to make sure your ride is as safe and smooth as possible. It also allows Careem to proactively coach the Captains to improve their driving skills while identifying Captains whose skills are not up to our standards.
• Any issues during the ride can be addressed to the 24/7 multilingual Safety & Security Operations Centre (SSOC) specialists. Simply tap ‘Contact us’ in the app
• Each trip is tracked in real time. The ride can be shared with friends and family to let them know you are on the way.
• The app is geofenced to avoid dangerous neighborhoods.
• Child seats are available in Careem Kids’ cars to keep little Careemers safe.
After Your Ride & Other Measures
• The rating of Captains is super important. They help identify Captains for reward or removal from the platform.
• The extensive ‘mystery shopper’ program checks vehicles, driving skills, customer service, and documentation to make sure everything is as it should be.
• The team of dedicated professionals, from the Safety & Security team to the SSOC specialists, makes sure the customers and Captains have a safe and pleasant experience.
• In order to help keep the communities safe, law enforcement agencies are actively supported with basic trip information when formally requested.