An Indian expat was injured on Saturday from the debris of a ballistic missile fired toward Najran by Iranian-backed Houthis. It was intercepted and destroyed by Saudi Royal Air Defense Forces.
Spokesman of the Civil Defense in the Najran region Captain Abdul Khaliq Ali Al-Qahtani said the Civil Defense teams in Najran city attended to the falling debris of the missile after it was intercepted and destroyed by the Saudi Defense Forces.
Spokesman of Coalition Forces Supporting Legitimacy in Yemen Col. Turki Al-Maliki said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency that the missile was fired at 10:16 a.m. on Saturday.
Col. Maliki said this hostile action proves the continued involvement of the Iranian regime in supporting the Houthi armed group with qualitative capabilities in a clear violation of UN Resolutions No. 2216 and No. 2231.
Firing of ballistic missiles at populated cities and villages is contrary to international humanitarian laws. The Iran-aligned Houthis have launched scores of missiles at the Kingdom.
The Coalition on Thursday said it intercepted another missile fired by the Huthis at the southern city of Jazan — the latest in a series of such attacks that have drawn widespread condemnation.
Last week, Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted a flurry of missiles, and falling debris caused the first death in the capital Riyadh. Saudi Arabia accuses Iran of supplying missile.
The UN Security Council this week condemned “in the strongest possible terms” multiple missile attacks launched by the Huthis on Saudi territory, saying they posed a threat to regional security.
Source Credit: Saudi Gazette