The Kingdom’s tremendous achievements resulted in breaking several records in 2021, which led to its entry to the Guinness Book of Records several times and which came as an integrated series of continuous entries in the Guinness over the years.
- On March 11, the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC) has entered the Guinness Book of Records by setting a new record as the lowest energy-consuming desalination plant in the world at 2.27 kilowatt-hours per cubic meter of desalinated water.
- The Vision 2030 event illuminated the capital city of the Kingdom, Riyadh, on 18 March, with the beauty and splendour of record-breaking artworks. Two of these artworks, namely “Beacon” and “Star in Motion”, which were displayed as part of the celebrations won entry into the Guinness World Records.
- Then, on September 23, the Saudi Automobile & Motorcycle Federation (SAMF) dazzled the world by unveiling the largest-ever LEGO brick build of a Formula 1 car. Using 500,000 bricks, it beat previous records and entered the Guinness World Records.
- The fourth Guinness Record went to Saudi Arabia’s pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, which is one of the most important achievements to be mentioned in the list because of its magnificence and the fantastic records that it has set since its opening on October 1.
- The biggest entertainment event ever in the Middle East, Riyadh Season 2, inaugurated on October 21 and featuring the slogan “Imagine More”, won the fifth Guinness Record, through the giant slide game “Avalanche”, located at the Boulevard Riyadh City zone.