Around 65 suspects in crimes to crimes related to state security were apprehended since December 13th last year, according to Nafidha communications window of the Interior Ministry.
The ministry has established the electronic window for information about people held inside the intelligence prisons to communicate with their family members.
According to the window, the suspects included 46 Saudis, 8 Yemenis, 3 Syrians, 2 Pakistanis, 2 Ethiopians and 1 each from Bahrain, Iraq, Morocco and Nigeria. One of the Saudi suspects was caught in a pre-emptive operation carried by the security forces in Qatif last Monday.
Meanwhile, the ministry confirmed that there were no terrorist attacks in the Kingdom in the past five months.
The Presidency of State Security announced on Wednesday that six wanted terrorists were killed in a security operation in Al-Jish village in Al-Qatif governorate Monday morning. A huge cache of weapons was seized from the hideout of the terrorists.
The Interior Ministry said there are a total of 5,402 people held in the intelligence prisons, of whom some are under investigation for involvement in security-related crimes while others are servicing their sentences after being convicted following investigations and trial.
It said the last terrorist attack in the country was on Sept. 17, 2018, when a gunman opened fire at the Al-Salam Palace in Jeddah. The unidentified gunman got out of his car and started firing at the western gate of the palace but was immediately gunned down by security guards.
Source Credit: Saudi Gazette