Col. Talal Al-Shalhoub, the spokesman of the Ministry of Interior, said that the government would soon implement the decision to restrict entry to all firms, activities and public transport only for the vaccinated people.
The spokesman called on every member of the society to fully adhere to the precautionary measures and preventive protocols to stem the spread of coronavirus and to report about violators of the protocols by calling the number 911 in the regions of Riyadh and Makkah and the number 999 in all other regions of the Kingdom.
They can also notify the concerned government agencies supervising the private sector, he said. “The virus is still among us, taking the lives of our loved ones. We must initiate immunization, rush to take the vaccine and adhere to precautionary measures so as to prevent it and protect our society, and us,” he said.
Referring to the suspension of travel to and from four countries, including the United Arab Emirates, the spokesman said that despite the developments that worry the countries of the world, the government of Saudi Arabia is still proactive in taking all preventive measures and protocols to protect the homeland and its people.
“The government is keen on the safety of citizens wishing to travel abroad, and in light of the instability prevailing in a number of countries, and the continuing outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic and the spread of a new mutated strain of the virus, it was decided to prevent direct or indirect travel of citizens, without obtaining prior permission from the concerned authorities, to Ethiopia, UAE and Vietnam, with the continued ban on direct or indirect travel of citizens to the previously announced countries.
“This is in addition to the suspension of arrival from Ethiopia, UAE, Vietnam and Afghanistan, with the exception of those who stay 14 days outside those four countries with the condition of institutional quarantine on arrivals. The suspension of flights will be effective from 11 p.m. on Sunday, July 4,” he added.