FeaturedSaudi Arabia

Saudi Girl Sustains Burns as Mobile Phone Catches Fire

A 13-year-old girl sustained burns when a mobile phone caught fire while charging in the Northern Border Region of Saudi Arabia.

The five-member family in Rafha governorate narrowly escaped a major disaster when the mobile phone exploded in the girl’s hands. The mobile was connected to the charger and the girl fell asleep holding the phone.

According to the girl’s father, the incident Thursday early morning. The family members woke up on hearing the girl’s screams. They panicked when they saw the mobile phone burning in her hands.

Immediately, the teenager was taken to the emergency room of Rafha Central Hospital where she is convalescing.

The father revealed that his daughter slept with her mobile phone connected to the charger, and it exploded and caught fire.


Saudi Gazette
Back to top button