|Curriculum||International Baccalaureate Curriculum|
|Sub-Curriculum||American/ Igcse/ibdp Curriculum|
|Address||Building 18041, Road 408, Block 704|
AMA International School is a private international school that started its operations in Bahrain in 2004. The school runs an American curriculum offering IB and IGCSE as an additional stream for senior school. The High School students graduate with a high school diploma approved by the Ministry of Education.
Since November 2019 AMA International School has been managed by Britus Education, the school is a well-equipped campus offering students the very best learning experience. The school is currently going through a significant transformation and parents and students are fully engaged in the changes and developments.
|Language of instruction||English/Arabic|
|Native English teachers||No|
|Allows Late or Midterm Enrollment||Yes|
|Year of Establishment||2004|
|KG1 & KG 2||BD 1,641|
|Primary School||Grade level 1 to 5||BD 1,702|
|Secondary School||Grade level 7||BD 2,160|
|Grade level 8||BD 2,284|
|Grade level 9||BD 2,451|
|Grade level 10 to 12||BD 3,221|
- Two photocopies of student’s valid passport
- Three photocopies of student’s valid CPR
- Two photocopies of student’s Birth Certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Four recent passport sized Photographs
- Two copies of the current and previous academic year School Report
- One copy of Letter of Conduct from previous school
- One copy of Leaving Certificate from previous school*
- Transfer Letter from previous school
- A copy of the student’s Vaccination Report
- One photocopy of Father’s and Mother’s passport
- One photocopy of Father’s and Mother’s valid CPR
- The Leaving Certificate (or Report Card in some circumstances) must be stamped from the country you are leaving, by the Education Directorate & Foreign Affairs
- Obtain a recommendation letter from The Ministry of Education (Private Directorate) showing the equivalency
- A letter from the Examination Department, in Bahrain, who will issue equivalency
Acceptance and registration may be dependent on an entry assessment to ensure AMAIS is able to support the learning requirements of your child.
- Bahrain Sports Day
- I CAN – Business Exhibition
- Parent Evening and Enrichment Showcase
- World Scholar’s Cup 2020
- Bahrain National Sports Day
- Bahrain National Charter
- Music (Guitar)
- Abacus Math
- Music (Keyboard)
- EAL – English as an Additional Language
- FAL -French as an Additional Language
- Parent Child Workshop – Mosaic
- Higher Education Evening
- Field Trip/ Clever Play
- AMA Sports Day
- Pre-school Trip – Al Areen
- Horse Back Riding Activity
- Living Wax Museum
- Dreamland Carnival
- Bahrain National Museum
- Traditional Food Event
- Mother’s Day
- Science Fair
- English Week Program
- Sakhir Camping (Near Tree of Life)
- Virtual Spring Camp-Purple Mash
- Student Exchange Program – Dubai
- COVID Essay Writing Competition
- Purple Mash Program
- IELTS Mock Test programme
- Learn to Code
- University Life/Opening Limitless Opportunities
- Qur’an Reading Competition
- ART Competition “Wish Eid Mubarak to the World”
- MOOC – Massive Open Online Course
- AMAzing Brains – Quiz
- AMA’s Got Talent
What is the range of your virtual classes / learning?
The virtual classes cover from K to 12 for a period of 30 minutes covering all subjects.
What are the facilities available in your school? Please distinguish between Ministry mandated facilities and extra facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facility
- Achievement and Enrichment center (extra)
- Health and Safety Unit
- Learning Support Unit (extra)
- Mac lab (extra)
- Spacious Learning Environment
Do you offer any scholarships or student discounts? If yes, please elaborate.
- Sibling discounts
- Royal Charity Organisation (RCO) sponsored students’ discount
- Staff discount
- GFH scholarship plan
What coronavirus (COVID-19) initiatives have you implemented?
All ministerial COVID-19 safety regulations have been implemented. The school has sent its learning plans to the ministry for approval.
How can parents ensure that their children are safe in school?
Various communication platforms such as webinars have been offered for open communication with parents to answer any doubts they have in regards to safe return of their children to school. Detailed plans have also been shared with parents.
Posts related to AMA International School
At the start of a new academic year with COVID 19 continuing to affect the education of millions of students, as we continue to battle with the challenges and seize[...]