UAE: Fire Erupts At The World’s Tallest Hotel

A minor fire erupted at Gevora Hotel, the world’s tallest hotel, on Shaikh Zayed Road on Sunday night.

A Dubai Civil Defence spokesperson confirmed that the fire started at around 7.40pm at the ceiling of one of the saunas in the hotel.

Hotel guests were evacuated and there were no reports of injuries, the spokesperson said. He said the fire was extinguished immediately.

Though there are currently no visible signs of a blaze, there is a faint smell of smoke.

READ  Dubai restaurant offers free food to those who can't afford it

Firefighters from Al Etihad Fire station responded to the blaze, along with other emergency responders who cordoned off the 1,168-feet hotel, which opened its doors in February 2018.

The road outside of the hotel was also closed to cars. Firefighters could be seen entering the property.

A hotel receptionist confirmed the incident to Gulf News: “There was a fire but no one was harmed. People were evacuated immediately.”

Gevora Hotel features 528 deluxe rooms and suites, five dining experiences, leisure facilities with the main pool deck, a fully equipped health club.

READ  Oman: Fire Breaks Out At Petrol Station