100 people were evacuated from a hypermarket on Tuesday morning after a fire broke out on the first floor.
Fujairah Civil Defence teams managed to put out the fire, which erupted in the Thattukada Indian restaurant within the Sajidha Hypermarket in the Mudhab region.
The Civil Defence operations platform in Fujairah received a call about the fire at 10.13am and a team immediately rushed there, a statement said.
Upon arrival, it was found that there was a fire in a special suction fan of the restaurant – which is on the first floor. Up to 100 people were evacuated and the fire was extinguished, with the smoke also cleared using smoke extraction machines, the statement added.
No injuries were reported.