Mosques across the country will host the voluntary late-night Ramadan prayer called Qiyam-ul-layl from tonight, May 2.
The special prayers are offered during the last 10 days of the holy month of Ramadan.
Several Covid safety rules have been specified for worshippers:
- The prayer, which usually lasts for hours, will be capped at 30 minutes.
- It will be offered from 12 midnight to 12.30 am.
- The mosques will be closed as soon as the prayer is offered.
- I’tikaf (retreat at mosques) will not be allowed.
- Worshippers are to wear masks at all times.
- They have to bring their own prayer mats to the mosques.
- They have to maintain adequate social distance, as guided by floor stickers.
- The elderly and those with chronic diseases have been asked to refrain from going to the mosques and instead offer the prayer at home.