The UAE will reopen mosques and other places of worship at 30 per cent capacity, a top official has announced. However, Friday prayers will remain suspended.
Imams and priests have undergone Covid-19 tests.
Some places of worship in industrial areas and certain other areas will remain closed.
The UAE has specified certain guidelines for worshippers:
1. Maintain a distance of 3 metres between worshippers.
2. No handshakes allowed.
3. Ablutions must be performed at home.
4. To read the Holy Quran, worshippers must bring their own copies.
5. All worshippers must download and activate contact tracing app AlHosn
6. People in vulnerable categories like those with chronic diseases and the elderly must not visit the mosques.