Bahrain: Over 300 citizens repatriated from U.S. and Canada

- Advertisement -

Bahrain’s embassy to the United States has completed the evacuation of all Bahraini citizens in the U.S. and Canada who had expressed their wish to return home and requested assistance from the diplomatic mission.

The requests followed the suspension of international flights due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. The embassy, in coordination with the military, security and cultural attachés, evacuated the North America-based Bahrainis who wished to return home.

Since the outbreak of the pandemic in the U.S. and Canada, the embassy has been keen to communicate with the citizens who have registered their names through Wejhaty, phone calls to the embassy’s emergency line, e-mail, or calls received by the follow-up office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Manama.

READ  Total coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia reach 136,315

The embassy listed the citizens in the U.S. and Canada and repatriated 301 nationals from both countries.

Those repatriated represent 61% of the total number of citizens in North America. The remaining 39% have expressed their wish to stay in the USA and Canada.

Keen on providing its services and extending its assistance to all Bahrainis staying in North America in a proactive and prudent manner, the embassy dispatched personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, disinfectants and some medicines, to all the registered citizens.

READ  Saudi: Jeddah Corniche Closed to Public 24/7

It also sent each of them a package of basic foodstuffs as a precautionary measure in case of food shortage in the local markets.

The embassy called on the citizens currently in the U.S. and Canada to follow the instructions issued by the local authorities and to exercise the highest levels of caution, including social distancing.

It also urged those who are have not registered with the embassy to sign their names upon Wejhaty or contact the embassy directly and follow its accounts on social media, Twitter and Instagram.

Comments

- Advertisement -