All residents returning to Dubai must quarantine themselves for 14 days either at home or a hotel, according to a new set of guidelines issued by Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism).
The residents will be tested for Covid-19 at the Dubai airport itself upon their arrival.
It will be mandatory for them to install and register the Covid-19 DXB App while completing their immigration and luggage pick-up process.
If the resident wants to quarantine at home, officials will first verify if the prerequisite conditions to do so can be achieved.
If they determine that not to be the case, a hotel quarantine will need to be booked.
Additionally, all passengers will be connected to a tele-doctor 24×7 during their quarantine period through a dedicated mobile app.
The UAE has issued a directive to bring back residents holding valid residence permits currently present outside the country, the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) tweeted on Thursday.
The initiative, which is aimed at residents who were stranded outside the UAE due to travel restrictions triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic, is targeting the return of nearly 200,000 people.
Guidelines for residents quarantining at home
Transportation from the airport to home must be organised by the traveller.
However, there is a set criteria that they must confirm in order to be eligible for the 14-day home quarantine.
The checklist includes:
- The provision of a separate room with a private bathroom within the home.
- The traveller’s health must be stable and none of the household members nor the traveller should fall within the high risk category.
- Communication means, including an active phone number, should be made available.
- The traveller and household members should be capable of adhering to the precautions required.
- Once the traveller reaches home, they will need to abide by the following conditions:
- Abide by Covid-19 Smart App instructions.
- Monitor their symptoms and ensure constant temperature checks. If necessary, they can use the SOS feature on the smart app or call DHA’s hotline.
- They must isolate themselves from household members. If it’s necessary to leave their rooms for any emergency, they must wear a surgical mask.
- Household members and caregivers are also required to adhere to preventive guidelines. Surfaces in shared areas such as door handles should be cleaned daily wearing disposable gloves with household disinfectants.
- Caregivers must also ensure that the meals of the quarantined person are left at the room’s doorstep, without any contact with the traveller.
Guildines for residents quarantining at hotel
The authorities will organise transportation from the airport for residents who opt for a hotel quarantine.
Dubai Tourism recommends that the quarantine hotel be booked via its website prior to arrival in the emirate. The website displays a wide range of hotels including the rates per night.
Residents have an option to order their meals at the hotel itself or call for takeout, if the amount is paid online.
Items (whether food or anything else) delivered to the hotel for the traveller from family or friends will be fumigated.
The traveller will be required to remain within their room for the entire duration of their stay and are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
They will have access to a tele-doctor 24×7 through the mobile app and the hotel will inform the health authorities in case the person’s medical condition changes during their stay.
They will be permitted to check-out from the hotel after 14 days and will have to organise their own transport from the hotel.