Kuwait on Saturday confirmed 415 new coronavirus cases, taking to 7,623 its infection tally, the Health Ministry said.
The ministry also reported two more deaths from COVID-19, bringing to 49 the total such fatalities in Kuwait.
The latest patients were either in contact with previously infected people or the sources of their infection are being investigated, the ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Sanad said, according to the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA.
The ministry also said 156 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, raising to 2,622 the total recoveries in the country.
Kuwait starts Sunday enforcing a total nationwide curfew running until May 30 to stem the spread of the highly contagious disease in the country.