Muscat Municipality has issued new guidelines and safety norms about Central Market for Vegetables and Fruits to help in preventing the coronavirus outbreak.
A statement issued online by Muscat Municipality said, “With the framework of the development operations which is carried out by the Muscat Municipality in the Central Market for Vegetables and Fruits and in the interest of regulatory procedures in the central market to ensure the Health and safety measures, the following has been decided:
1. Vehicles of Category 3 and above wholesalers are permitted to enter from Saturday, April 25, 2020, at 4:00 am until 11:00 am.
2. The retail activity will be resume from Wednesday, April 29,2020
3. The work is underway to activate the platform (Athamar) to provide opportunities for wholesalers, to get the benefit and to develop a marketing mechanism through it.
4. Muscat Municipality is working with the ASYAD Group to transfer the wholesale market from its current location to the Khaza’en Economic City in South Al Batinah Governorate, with more services and area.
5. The municipality is currently conducting a study to convert the market activity into an integrated retail market.