FeaturedSaudi Arabia

Saudi: No entry to holy sites without Hajj permit

- Advertisement -

Anyone trying to enter Hajj sites without permission would be severely penalized, the commander of the Hajj security forces said on Sunday.

Speaking less than two weeks before the dramatically scaled back pilgrimage gets underway, Major General Zayed Al-Tuyan said this year there would be no Hajj tour guides or their offices in operation.

Security control centers in Makkah will monitor anyone violating the rules and checkpoints will ensure that anyone trying to enter the sites of Hajj without a permit will be prevented from doing so, he said.

READ  Saudi: 177 new coronavirus cases detected

Last year, 2.5 million people took part in the pilgrimage but the coronavirus pandemic means only limited number of pilgrims, who are already living in Saudi Arabia, will be able to take part this year.

A complete security cordon will surround the holy sites, Al-Tuyan said.

Advertisement

Comments

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

Back to top button