Kuwait Wednesday confirmed 947 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing to 11,975 the country’s total infections.
The Health Ministry also reported six more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 88 the total such fatalities in Kuwait, the official news agency KUNA said, citing the minister’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad.
The newly diagnosed cases include people who were in touch with previously infected people and cases being investigated for sources of infection, the official added in a media update.
The ministry said 188 more patients have recovered from the disease, bringing to 3,451 the total recoveries in the country.
Kuwait has recently seen a rise in COVID-19 cases, prompting the government to impose a total nationwide curfew that went into effect on Sunday. The 24-hour curfew will continue until May 30.